Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay.
Round 1 of the Official Pokemopolis Opening Tournament has begun!!! Please check the post for your groupings.

4 posters

BrandonCDi's Teams

BrandonCDi
    BrandonCDi
    Novice Trainer

BrandonCDi's Teams Empty BrandonCDi's Teams

Post by BrandonCDi Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:49 pm

I decided after being beaten a second time by Greene that I should get some help with team building.

Here's the team I had used against Greene just recently today:

Venasaur
    HP: 289
    Attack: 203
    Defense: 233
    Sp. Atk: 207
    Sp. Def: 193
    Speed: 196

Moves: Earthquake, Toxic, Sunny Day, Giga Drain
    Item: Leftovers
    EV Trained in: Defense

Blastoise
    HP: 294
    Attack: 264
    Defense: 210
    Sp. Atk: 190
    Sp. Def: 196
    Speed: 195

Moves: Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Water Pulse, Iron Tail
    Item: Mystic Water
    EV Trained in: Attack

Hitmonlee
    HP: 258
    Attack: 297
    Defense: 142
    Sp. Attack: 116
    Sp. Def: 204
    Speed: 241

Moves: Reversal, Mind Reader, Hi Jump Kick, Blaze Kick
    Item: Black Belt
    EV Trained in: Speed

Mightyena
    HP: 278
    Attack: 206
    Defense: 171
    Sp. Atk: 186
    Sp. Def: 120
    Speed: 185

Moves: Roar, Shadow Ball, Scary Face, Dark Pulse
    Item: Lum Berry
    EV Trained in: Sp. ATK

Hypno
    HP: 343
    Attack: 166
    Defense: 164
    Sp. Atk: 167
    Sp. Def: 227
    Speed: 188

Moves: Brick Break, Hypnosis, Nasty Plot, Dream Eater
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    EV Trained in: HP

Furret
    HP: 305
    Attack: 190
    Defense: 135
    Sp. Atk: 111
    Sp. Def: 162
    Speed: 233

Moves: U-Turn, Amnesia, Grass Knot, Surf
    Item: Leppa Berry
    EV Trained in: Sp. DEF

I easily was defeated by his Mismagus and all he used was Shadow ball and easily defeated the rest of the pokemon I had. What could be wrong with my team?

EDIT: I forgot to put the items they where holding when I was posting this. Also they were all EV trained in certain stats as well. Also, another odd thing is that all of thier natures are the same. They all have a "Naughty" nature. It could be like that because they were all were eggs from the breeding process using a ditto and another pokemon of their species.

EDIT 2: Added what they where EV trained in what specific stats they were used for.

Last edited by BrandonCDi on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Daiko
    Daiko
    Up-and-Coming

BrandonCDi's Teams Empty Re: BrandonCDi's Teams

Post by Daiko Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:58 am

Your Movesets may be the problem.

Iron Tail is a terrible move on any Pokemon!

And why is it that nearly every Pokemon you have is made to be a Mixed Attacker?

Water Pulse is outclassed by Surf.

Sunny Day has no use on your team.

Mightyena is only really used as a Physical Sweeper and it shows, seen as your Sp.Att is still lower than your normal Attack even though you are using it as a Special Sweeper!

EV's and Items help aswell.
    BrandonCDi
    BrandonCDi
    Novice Trainer

Post by BrandonCDi Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:54 am

Just added some important details to the pokemon such as what items they were holding and thier natures.
    Greene1516
    Greene1516
    Admin

Post by Greene1516 Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Breeding for specific natures is very important as natures can provide a 10% boost to one stat while usually only reducing a stat you don't use. If your entire team have Naught nature then I'm not surprised that Mismagius OHKO'ed both Blastoise and Venusaur from full health since Naughty brings down Sp.D. Your best bet is to post the EV's given, not the stats, and then people can get a good idea and what these guys are about and help you improve on them. Also as Daiko said, mixed sets are more commonly a bad idea. Only about 10% of Pokemon can pull them off effectively.
    BrandonCDi
    BrandonCDi
    Novice Trainer

Post by BrandonCDi Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Greene1516 wrote:Breeding for specific natures is very important as natures can provide a 10% boost to one stat while usually only reducing a stat you don't use. If your entire team have Naught nature then I'm not surprised that Mismagius OHKO'ed both Blastoise and Venusaur from full health since Naughty brings down Sp.D. Your best bet is to post the EV's given, not the stats, and then people can get a good idea and what these guys are about and help you improve on them. Also as Daiko said, mixed sets are more commonly a bad idea. Only about 10% of Pokemon can pull them off effectively.

Ah I see...I'll add what EV's they where specifically trained for. As for how many EV's they have..I don't know how to check them.
    Arcanist
    Arcanist
    Up-and-Coming

Post by Arcanist Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:12 pm

I suggest www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon for very good and useful sets on pokemon. This site is very good for beginners and advanced trainers alike, and can help you with your team, as well as with predicted the moves on the opposing sides.
    It also gives the item you should use, a lengthy description as to how it should be used, Recommended EV spread and nature.

There are many guides there as to how to make a pokemon stronger. Read up over there to learn the tips and tricks that make a good battler
    Greene1516
    Greene1516
    Admin

Post by Greene1516 Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:20 pm

BrandonCDi wrote:
    Greene1516 wrote:Breeding for specific natures is very important as natures can provide a 10% boost to one stat while usually only reducing a stat you don't use. If your entire team have Naught nature then I'm not surprised that Mismagius OHKO'ed both Blastoise and Venusaur from full health since Naughty brings down Sp.D. Your best bet is to post the EV's given, not the stats, and then people can get a good idea and what these guys are about and help you improve on them. Also as Daiko said, mixed sets are more commonly a bad idea. Only about 10% of Pokemon can pull them off effectively.

Ah I see...I'll add what EV's they where specifically trained for. As for how many EV's they have..I don't know how to check them.

I not exactly sure what this is supposed to mean, the EV's they have is what you trained them in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:02 pm