Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay.
Round 1 of the Official Pokemopolis Opening Tournament has begun!!! Please check the post for your groupings.

+6
Daiko
Arcanist
EniliasNailo
Painter
Greene1516
Nick E. Paradise
10 posters

Paradise's 1st Competitive Team

Daiko
    Daiko
    Up-and-Coming

Paradise's 1st Competitive Team - Page 2 Empty Re: Paradise's 1st Competitive Team

Post by Daiko Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:04 am

They are going over Damage Calculations for ya Very Happy
    That way you know what move to pick and what Dragons to avoid when using Heatran.
    EniliasNailo
    Novice Trainer

Paradise's 1st Competitive Team - Page 2 Empty Re: Paradise's 1st Competitive Team

Post by EniliasNailo Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:23 am

Sorry this needs to said, but who on earth trains a Mence in 252HP???

It's a defensive set of mence, because it has reasonable bulk and makes a good physical staller with access to Toxic, Wish and Roost. Intimidate also cuts the enemy's attack.
    Rogue058
    Rogue058
    Novice Trainer

Post by Rogue058 Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:16 am

I agree with S9. HP Ice over Dragon Pulse because the only place the Dragon Pulse is better is Versus Kingdra, and Milotic / Vaporeon can handle him easily.
    Arcanist
    Arcanist
    Up-and-Coming

Post by Arcanist Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:44 am

Rogue058 wrote:I agree with S9. HP Ice over Dragon Pulse because the only place the Dragon Pulse is better is Versus Kingdra, and Milotic / Vaporeon can handle him easily.
    + Earth power can hit Kingdra, BUT Dragon Pulse does 2hko damage to Latias Spec Defensive, whereas Hpice does less than a 3rd so he sets up in your face and then proceeds to become everything bait(lol) But before that he kills like 2 guys on your team, unless you go blissey, BUT beware psycho shift Sad
    HPIce is generally a better idea, but be careful about latias anyways
    Daiko
    Daiko
    Up-and-Coming

Post by Daiko Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:49 am

Arcanist wrote: he sets up in your face and then proceeds to become everything bait(lol)

I think that is when Scizor steps in Smile

I think a Banded BP can do more than 2/3 to a Latias but I might be wrong.. U-Turn works though Very Happy
    Arcanist
    Arcanist
    Up-and-Coming

Post by Arcanist Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:17 am

Daiko wrote:
    Arcanist wrote: he sets up in your face and then proceeds to become everything bait(lol)

I think that is when Scizor steps in Smile

I think a Banded BP can do more than 2/3 to a Latias but I might be wrong.. U-Turn works though Very Happy
    +1 Calm mind surf @ Kill Scizor after Stealth rock
    + Latias runs recover? Oh yeah and +Trick Specs onto scizor = lol scizor
    CB latias is fail too but it can trick the cb onto something else later on in the game i suppose
    Daiko
    Daiko
    Up-and-Coming

Post by Daiko Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:23 am

I guess.

But Choice Specs Scizor could be a laugh still Cool
    EniliasNailo
    Novice Trainer

Post by EniliasNailo Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:40 am

+1 Calm mind surf @ Kill Scizor after Stealth rock
    + Latias runs recover? Oh yeah and +Trick Specs onto scizor = lol scizor
    CB latias is fail too but it can trick the cb onto something else later on in the game i suppose

+1 Surf 252SPa Timid Latias vs. Scizor -> 166 - 196 (48.4% - 57.1%)
    Bullet Punch vs. 128/0 Timid Latias -> 177 - 208 (53.2% - 62.5%)

If it has a Trick set, it won't have Calm Mind. Also, if it runs trick specs, it helps Heatran by turning HP Ice into a 2HKO, and it won't OHKO with an unboosted surf. if it calm minds in the second turn it goes down on really low health, so scizor can switch in and KO, even if it recovers.
    crimsonstorm
    crimsonstorm
    Novice Trainer

Post by crimsonstorm Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 pm

I'd run hp ice over dragon pulse. That way you don't have to worry about any close calls on salamance/dragonite/flygon.

Also, you may consider Vaporeon as a replacement for Milotic.

With Bold nature and ev'd 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Speed it works good.

surf
    toxic/ice beam
    wish
    protect

Wish wouldn't be bad to use to heal members of your team. Plus Vaporeon can take those water attacks aimed at both donphan and heatran.
    Nick E. Paradise
    Nick E. Paradise
    Novice Trainer

Post by Nick E. Paradise Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:20 pm

I've been keeping up with this if anyone was concerned... haha. I plan to revamp my team and post the changes within the next few days.

crimsonstorm wrote:I'd run hp ice over dragon pulse. That way you don't have to worry about any close calls on salamance/dragonite/flygon.

Also, you may consider Vaporeon as a replacement for Milotic.

With Bold nature and ev'd 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Speed it works good.

surf
    toxic/ice beam
    wish
    protect

Wish wouldn't be bad to use to heal members of your team. Plus Vaporeon can take those water attacks aimed at both donphan and heatran.

How's the coverage for dragons running ice beam on Vaporeon?
    Ecunami
    Novice Trainer

Post by Ecunami Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Alright a couple things. Currently your team is very weak to gyarados. After a DD Gengar wont be outspeeding it, and milotic cannot handle it. (Crocune will die aswell). take it. I suggest you change your milotic to a vaporeon(Which also handles your ape weakness)

Bold Vaporeon @ leftovers

188 speed / 252 Defense / 68 Speed
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power Electric

I also think that you should replace donphan for hippowdon. Sandstorm will be very useful to your team, hippowdon makes a much better physical wall and also packs roar. However if you are dead set on sticking with donphan you can, its not a huge deal but I would still reccomend it.

Also Use dragon pulse over HP Ice on Heatran. It's much better, and the only thing you would need hp ice for is salamence which you can already handle.

Good luck with your team and I hope I helped.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:48 pm