Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay.
Round 1 of the Official Pokemopolis Opening Tournament has begun!!! Please check the post for your groupings.

3 posters

leingodf8's doubles team

leingodf8
    leingodf8
    Novice Trainer

leingodf8's doubles team Empty leingodf8's doubles team

Post by leingodf8 Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:44 pm

LoL, just thought I'd check to see what other people think about this team im working on...

Leads:

Bronzong @ leftovers
    Relaxed/Sassy: 252 HP, 152 Def, 104 SpD
    Trick Room
    Gyroball / Explosion
    Safeguard
    Explosion

Crobat @ black sludge
    Jolly: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Def
    Super Fang
    Hypnosis
    Taunt
    U-Turn

The point of these leads are varied. For the most part, crobat is simply there to stop others from taunting bronzong. If that situatuion is not apperent, then it simply u-turns out, or uses super fang / hypnosis if it seems appropriate. Bronzong sets up trick room, or safeguard if trickroom can wait. Swagger, is used for whoever switches in after crobat. With the safeguard up, swaggers confusion will be nullified, making it like a free swords dance for my teamate.

The Rest:

Muk @ black sludge
    Careful: 252 HP, 52 Def, 204 SpD
    Curse
    Shadow Sneak
    Poison Jab
    Brick Break

Ok... you all know him.. hes muk, he eats special attacks for breakfast and curses up. With swagger it can boost a hell of a lot faster and with curse it can really dominate in trick room. Not much else to say... hes muk, hes a beast so dont worry about him to much.

Metagross @ leftovers / life orb
    Brave : 252HP, 252 Att, 4 SpD
    Psyche Up
    Gyro Ball
    Hammer Arm
    Ice Punch / Thunder Punch

The crux of this set is that it uses psyche up to steal the boosts ive been giving my other members (be it swagger, curse etc.. also can steal opponents boosts if they happen to use them). With curse and hammer arm, your speed can reach an all time low, allowing for gyro ball to do massive damage. My most notable physical sweeper.

*NOTE*, i am not currently sure whether gyro ball is powered up from speed drops. It says on smogon that the damage is based on "acctual" speed, not base speed, so I'm assuming it does. But if it doesnt i may just attach a macho brace to lower its speed instead (or maybe switch back to meteor mash)

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
    Modest: 252 HP / 252 SpA, 4 Def
    Draco Meteor
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    HP Electirc (not good at HP breeding though so may go for )/ Dragon Pulse

My true special attacker for this set. Hes not exactly "slow" for a trick room but still is pretty bulky, with only one weakness, as well as still being slower than most comon sweepers out there. Specs draco meteor hurts =T.

Seviper @ Life Orb
    Lonely / Mild: 252 Att, 252 SpA, 4 HP
    Sludge Bomb
    Flamethrower
    Earthquake
    Sucker Punch

The mixed sweeper. It pairs off well with bronzong, and benefits from the swaggers a fair bit. Very fragile, but can take out a lot of different pokemon.

Problems:

For now, my biggest problem is an earthquake weakness.... My 2 leads are both immune but cant really do much damage themselves, and my better sweepers are weak to it. Ive found ways around it for now, but it could hurt me in the furture.

Thinking about switching out seviper for a better mixed attacker (thats not blazekin cause i just wont use the thing). Also thinking of a different set with crobat that involves trapping easy to deal with opponents with mean look then putting them to sleep =T. Any suggestions would be awesome
    Greene1516
    Greene1516
    Admin

leingodf8's doubles team Empty Re: leingodf8's doubles team

Post by Greene1516 Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Damn you lein, I was happy being the only known PM'er to use the Safeguard/Swagger combo Sad

On a note of the team, that Kingdra is still gonna be a bit too fast in the Trick Room, breaking in at 175 at minimum speed, making it susceptible to bulky sweepers and walls etc, which make up most of the metagame these days. A quick nature change to Quiet will help that bit.
    leingodf8
    leingodf8
    Novice Trainer

Post by leingodf8 Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Greene1516 wrote:Damn you lein, I was happy being the only known PM'er to use the Safeguard/Swagger combo Sad

On a note of the team, that Kingdra is still gonna be a bit too fast in the Trick Room, breaking in at 175 at minimum speed, making it susceptible to bulky sweepers and walls etc, which make up most of the metagame these days. A quick nature change to Quiet will help that bit.

Im acctually thinking of getting rid of kingdra for a second trick roomer (slowbro or slowking seem decent enough). Just so i dont get swamped if bronzong dies b4 i can start it up a second time
    SHininGNova
    SHininGNova
    Novice Trainer

Post by SHininGNova Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Hmm. Well ever I play against TRick Room teams on Shoddy (which are annoyingly common...)
    I've noticed two things.

First these teams have massive trouble with Trick and Taunt, and are very vulnerable if Trick Room dies.
    That being said, yours is the best version I've seen, and doubles makes it interesting.

Perhaps to complement your Psychic weakness, (Muk + Crobat) an Umbreon might work? It funstions well with TR, and is invicible to Psychic, plus it has the Mean Look Baton Pass Combo.
    Greene1516
    Greene1516
    Admin

Post by Greene1516 Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:56 pm

leingodf8 wrote:
    Greene1516 wrote:Damn you lein, I was happy being the only known PM'er to use the Safeguard/Swagger combo Sad

Im acctually thinking of getting rid of kingdra for a second trick roomer (slowbro or slowking seem decent enough). Just so i dont get swamped if bronzong dies b4 i can start it up a second time

Sounds like a good option to me. Go with Slowbro as he is usually harder to take out than Slowking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:01 am